Google+

Saturday 16 May 2015

On my 18th Wedding Anniversary - 18 Things I Love About You

wedding, marriage

  • I love you for giving me so many good things in my life. My wonderful children and a home filled with love, laughter, music and fun. And for the relationship we share.
  • I love you for making me want to be the best version of myself that I can be. You really do make me a better person. I only found myself through looking through your eyes.
  • I love you for the way you make me feel. You make me feel beautiful, valued and cherished. When I'm in your arms I feel young again. 
  • I love that you know you don't have to buy me expensive gifts or lavish me with material things. You know that I value a homemade card more than a designer handbag, or a day spent together more than any amount of fancy jewellery.
  • I love that we are a team, facing every challenge together with our family's best interests at heart. In that we are unswerving.
  • I love that even after 18 years I still miss you when we are apart and treasure the time we spend together. We like the same things so spending time together is just so easy.
  • I love that our relationship is built on solid foundations of friendship, similar values and absolute trust. You truly are my soul mate. We have no secrets. 
  • I love that we have overcome obstacles and struggles, but have stuck together throughout everything, emerging stronger and more united. 
  • I love you because you are a wonderful human being. You are a hands on dad who puts me and the kids first. You cook, you do housework, you do DIY. You are loving, giving, caring and affectionate. You are the kindest, most thoughtful person I know. You are literally the most amazing human being I have ever met.
  • I love you because I know that life without you would only be half a life. You complete me.
  • I love that you are an excellent role model for my sons, and an example to my daughters of how a man should be. Through you they know unconditional love, a calm, reasoned approach  and total respect.
  • I love that I am still massively physically attracted to you. You tick all my boxes. And you indulge me when I tell you about my latest cougar crush on a Hemsworth brother. We can laugh together and cry together.
  • I love you because you never give up on me. You hold your hands up when you have done something wrong, and never judge me for my mistakes. 
  • I love the way your beard is turning grey and the fact that you have laughter lines around your eyes and that you need glasses for reading. The passing of time reminds me of how long you have been a part of my life and that we are indeed growing old together, which is something you always promised me.
  • I love that I am proud to be your wife and to share your name. I am honoured to be a part of this marriage that we have shared for 18 years.
  • I love you, because even though you have seen me at my very worst, your love has never wavered. I can't believe how lucky I am to have a man like you loving me in the way that you do. I would do anything you asked of me without question, as I know you would for me.
  • I love you because you support everything I do, giving me the courage and the confidence to be myself.
  • I love you because I know you...everything about you...and there is nothing I'd want to change. I can't imagine being with anyone else. I can't imagine what I would have become without you. Yet you think you are the lucky one.
couples, relationship

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...